Phoenix Counselling Services – Freelance Counsellor
Phoenix Counselling Services was established in 2017 as a private counselling service based on King Street in Manchester City Centre. The team provide counselling to adults aged 16 and above wishing to access services independently, through EAP’s or employers directly and generally offer approximately 40 sessions a week. We are focused on working together to develop and deliver a service which meets the developing needs of our clients. This includes having choice over the therapeutic approach they feel would work for them so that clients get the best care. As such, we aim to provide a service which meets the needs of our diverse client base.
We are now looking to expand the practice and therefore an exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced Counsellor/Psychotherapist to join a well-established and supportive team. Although working individually with your own client caseload, you will be encouraged and supported within the wider team who strive to deliver a person-centred service.
Regular referrals are received and the practice currently holds a waiting list ready for allocation. Appointments are offered to clients on both a short and long term basis. We are currently recruiting for Therapists to provide evening sessions working from 5:30pm onwards. The provision of counselling by our team is primarily on a face-to-face basis to meet current demand and therefore we are recruiting Therapists who can meet these in person needs.
Phoenix Counselling Services will provide you with –
- Advertising and Marketing
- Client Referrals
- Admin support including enquiry handling and booking initial appointments
- A safe therapeutic space to work from, accessible 24/7 with Reception support (fees apply).
- All paperwork and associated policies provided including safety equipment
You will be responsible for your own client caseload, evaluating their needs and monitoring progress. You will be responsible for completing initial assessments allocated to you and working with clients to overcome their presenting difficulties as well as aid them in developing coping skills where appropriate. It is important that you are organised and follow all administration processes accurately and in a timely manner as set out by practice training and guides. You will ensure compliance with GDPR policies, confidentiality and other procedures that apply to your role whilst ensuring that your work reflects the concepts of inclusion and acceptance that underpin the practice as a whole.
You will –
- Have own Professional Liability Insurance
- Access own supervision
- Be registered with a professional body
- Be registered with the ICO
- Be responsible for own Tax and NI contributions as self-employed. If you are not already registered as self-employed, we can support you with this.
In order to be considered, applicants must meet the following essential (E) or desirable (D) criteria –
- Diploma Level (or Equivalent) qualification in Counselling (E)
- Experience of completing clinical assessments (E)
- Experience in providing short term interventions such as Solution Focused Brief Therapy (D)
- Good clinical communication and organisational skills (E)
- Confident working independently whilst contributing to a vibrant multi professional team (E)
- Experience working with the following presenting issues (D) – Anxiety, Trauma & Developing coping skills
To apply, please email your CV and a supporting letter to [email protected] outlining the following –
- The model(s) of therapeutic approach you use
- Details of professional experience, current practice and/or placement
- Areas of interest in counselling and associated aspirations
- Details of professional membership and links to any directory/register entries
- Availability including maximum hours or particular evenings in which you are able to work
Our values and approach are very important to us which is why we want to recruit people whose values match ours. Applicants must have current UK professional registration. We are committed to equal opportunities and to promoting diversity. We want our team to reflect the diversity of our community and therefore we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.